Spanish Word of the Day

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Update

Saturday I went to Universal studios Spain. Yes I did ride some rides and hanged out with the youth, but I also got in some good practice with the camera, and some good practice with my Spanish. Litia and I play a game where I will point at something and ask (in Spanish) "How do you say___ in Spanish" and she would say it and I would repeat it after her, then I would say it in English and she would repeat it. Or we would do the same with her pointing at something and I would try to say it in Spanish and she would try to say it in English.
I went to church with Jonathan today and had a good time there, even I could not under stand it except for a few words I liked it because they do a lot of singing and prayer and then have a shorter sermon. I also met Elaina's parents and found out that they have been to the grand canyon and that they liked it. So when they found out I was from the same place they associated me with it and greeted me warmly. I will most likely start filming tomorrow because Jonathan's in laws are visiting.
Right now I am getting ready for lunch and trying to stop my running nose.
Prayer requests: That I could get over this cold that I have, I can not stop sneezing and have to carry a tissue with me everywhere. Also I still need to learn more Spanish and get used to the great food.

Thank you for keeping up please excuse any tYpose.
(Get it? Never mind.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can excuse the typos but not the grammar!

Mom

Anonymous said...

But I love the content! Keep writing!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, anonymous Mom give the kid a break he's sick! lol

Send the boy some chicken soup!

Alec, eat the yogurt like I said or the equivalent, like Keefer (liquid yogurt), or even some goats milk would help. Also, eat a lot of garlic, yeast breads and cheese. Again it is all about getting your intestines to foster good e-coli to fight the local bacteria in the foods you are not used to.

OH! Also if you can find it get some Echinacea/Golden seal tincture or tablets. If you can't find the combination get just Echinacea, it will also greatly help your immune system so you won't have the colds and/or allergies.
Hope you feel better!
Luv Auntie Deb :)

PS - anonymous Mom has me so stressed about my spelling and grammer I had to look up how to spell Echinacea because it wasn't in spell check! UGH.
xo anonymous Auntie Deb lol ;)