Spanish Word of the Day

Monday, June 23, 2008

Change of plans.

Ummm... Well...you see...


...THE 1st SOCCER CAMP WAS CANCELED!!!

Jonathan and I did not know that when the basketball camp was canceled, so was the 1st soccer camp.
So there are no camps this week. But the 2nd soccer camp will still be running next week. This all happened because when Jonathan asked questions about me filming, the people who run the base store (you can find their website in an earlier post) thought he was talking about next week. So there was a lack of communication on the part of the soccer camp in not telling Jonathan that the 1st camp was canceled. All in all, this means that I will have more time to make the DVD menu and to learn some more Spanish. I am trying very hard to lean the language and can have a conversion-ish thing with people, if I can point and say "este es?" and "cómo se de se ___ en espanol?". What I find hard is how you have to use a new word for each situation. I keep having to ask if I say "buen" or "bueno," while in English I would just say "good" for both.
Right now I am getting ready for a sort of holiday. There is going to be a lot of fireworks and we will stay up late having a feista.
Please pray that I would get the sleep I need to function properly. I usually wake up once or twice in a night, and can't fall asleep after I wake up for the second time. This morning I woke up with bags under my eyes. Mrs. Benagas was worried, so I had two small cups of coffee and my hands started shaking. I guess the coffee here is very very strong because at home I have a big cup of coffee each morning and am fine. I will try to get some pictures up latter on. God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Spanish coffee. It was yummy.

Anonymous said...

wow alec! it sounds like the coffee is a bit stonger than the starbucks here. i'm praying for you and hope that all will go smoothly with the 2nd soccer camp. learning spanish that fast must be really hard. hope that God gives you comfort, strength, and lots of sleep! :)