Spanish Word of the Day

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 1-3 of YL camp

Camp is going well. I have been having a great time hanging out with the staff and campers. Today was the third day of camp. The last week was all setup. I have already done a lot of video work with Alex and am glad that he’s letting me do so much. I have a lot of jobs but I still find time for fun. It has really been a great learning experience. Here are a few things I have learned: Sometimes biking as hard as you can so that you can get ahead of the group to film can result in you losing your lunch or breakfast in my case, that when someone drawls a mustache on a picture of me I look a lot like a Spanish TV character I that makes everyone laugh, that being 1/4 Basque can help one relate to the staff and campers it is also the butt of a lot of jokes, and last but not least, fences here are electrified and one should never ever grab them when trying to get a bike or other metal object past (this may have contributed to me throwing up). Well it has been an amazing and electric 1st couple of days I hope I can get this to you all soon and can’t wait for what tomorrow will bring,

Alec

5 comments:

anna_a_miller said...

Hahaha.ouch.Hope the rest of the time is as fun as it was in the past two!

Anonymous said...

Boy, what have we told you about grabbing electrified objects? Well, I hope that teaches you a lesson! But seriously, I can't wait for you to get back. Your brother,

Remington

Anonymous said...

Are you making a "Mr. Bean Goes to Spain" movie while you are there? Is that why you are grabbing electric fences and throwing up on your bike?
Or is it "Mr. Bean, the Early Years"?
Have a great time and Don't Die!
Love MOM (who else?)

Brent Klontz said...

Oucharama. I wish you would have gotten that on camera:) Hey Alec, I'm praying that God would give you a divine appointment this week to share Christ with someone who needs him. Because of the Cross, Brent

Alec Miller said...

Funny you should say that.
I got to share the gospel with the who camp. One of my jobs at camp was making the Jesus film/camp film a lot of people said it was really moving.